Apply to Tax File Number (TFN)

TFN is your identity in Australia. You need one to work and pay your taxes. To apply for your TFN click here.

The TFN will be sent by post within 28 days to the address you included in the application. We are happy to help you apply for your TFN, just schedule a time with us.

Apply to Australian Business Number (ABN)

The ABN is your individual company in Australia. You need one to provide services and pay your taxes. To apply for your ABN click here.

The ABN number is generated as soon as you finish your application. We recommend that you open an ABN only if you already have a job that requires it.

We are happy to help you apply for your ABN, just schedule a time with us.

Book-Student Service

Tax Return

The tax return is a form that you file with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) to report your  income, expenses and other relevant tax information. Tax returns allow taxpayers to calculate their tax liability, schedule tax payments or request refunds for the overpayment of taxes.

Everyone who has a TFN needs to file a tax return.

Australia fiscal year: From 1 July of the previous year to 30 June of the current year

Tax Return Period

  • Via ATO – before 31 October
  • Via a tax agent – before 15 May

You can lodge your tax return alone or with the help of an accountant.

  • Lodging your first tax return by yourself: Click here to apply and get more information.
  • With an accountant: Stay Global has a partnership with the company YSA Accounting, which has specialized accountants able to assist you in Portuguese and Spanish.

To book a consultation, click here.

Use STAY 2020 code to access the Stay Global customer discount.

Police check

A National Police Check (NPC), sometimes referred to as a ‘police check’, involves comparing an individual’s details (such as name and date of birth) against a central index of names using a name matching algorithm to determine if the name and date of birth combination of that individual matches any others who have police records. The name will then be vetted by police personnel to determine what information may be disclosed, subject to relevant spent conviction legislation and/or information release policies.

A National Police Check may be used to help screen and make informed decisions about individuals within the Australian community for many of roles, including but not limited to:

  • recruitment and job applications
  • volunteer and not for profit positions
  • working with children or vulnerable groups
  • licensing or registration schemes applications
  • work-related checks due to legislation or regulations
  • Australian permanent residence and citizenship
  • visa applications for some countries
  • employment overseas

To apply online, click here.

Getting Married in Australia

Getting married in Australia can be simple and inexpensive. For that, we recommend that you go to the Simple Ceremonies website (https://simpleceremonies.com.au/marry/) to check the rates, dates and necessary documentation.

Make sure to include in the observation field that you are a Stay Global customer.

Relationship Certificate

Relationship register:
Couples who are not married can apply to register their relationship. The De Facto Deed provides legal recognition for a couple.

Why register your relationship:

  • Registered relationships are recognised as ‘de facto’. Couples in registered relationships are subject to certain obligations and/or restrictions under law.
  • Registered relationship certificates are used to access entitlements, services and records under state legislation.
  • In situations outside of legislation, service providers may choose to accept registration of a relationship as proof of legitimacy of that relationship.

Find out how to apply NSW:

Find out how to apply QLD:

Find out how to apply VIC:


Super, or superannuation, is money set aside during your working life for when you retire. For most people, super begins when you start working and your employer starts paying a portion of your salary or wages into a super fund for you. These payments are known as super guarantee contributions or concessional (pre-tax) contributions.

Because many international students are here on temporary visas and are not going to retire in Australia, you may be able to withdraw your superannuation once you leave.

When choosing a Super fund, the ideal is to compare the level of profitability and performance between several funds, however, this is a financial decision that can be complex. If your stay in Australia is for a short time, we recommend that you check if the fund you are going to select will charge you administrative fees or include life insurance, since this can significantly reduce your savings

Stay Global has no partnership with a superannuation company, so before hiring a company compare Australian Superannuation funds by fees, resources and performance.

NAATI Translations

Mumbo Translations is a translation agency specialized in documents for migration and education purposes since 2005. Their translators are certified by NAATI in Australia, are Sworn Translators (Tradutores Juramentados) by the Government of Brazil and ATA Official Translators (USA).

They deliver translations in all languages, usually within 3 business days. Your translated documents will be emailed to you as a PDF. If you also require a printed version, please include your address and what option you prefer: regular mail (delivery in about 3 business days, free of charge) or Express Post (delivery in 1 or 2 business days, $15.00).

To request a translation, please send your documents to info@mumbo.com.au and remember to mention that you are Stay Global student to guarantee the special discount.

Migration Agent

Stay Global recommends Achieve Migration, an Australian company that has over ten years of professional experience in the migration industry in Australia. They believe every case is unique, so they use the experience to design strategies that are fully tailored to your goals and possibilities.

Book a consultation to talk to the registered migration agents and remember to mention that you are a Stay Global student to get a discount.

Find a Hospital

OSHC assists international students to meet the costs of medical and hospital care they may need while in Australia. OSHC also includes ambulance cover and limited pharmaceuticals.

You can attend any medical practice or doctor in Australia. In most cases, you would be required to pay the bill and later submit a claim to your OSHC company in order to get your benefit.

If you need to go to the doctor, see the links below where to find a doctor or hospital near you who accepts your plan:

Book-Student Service

stayglobal- student angency Asutralia